Lichess4545 Ledger Archive
Archives of the Lichess4545 Ledger
The periodic newsletter of the lichess4545 league
Edited by Lichess4545 moderators with contributions from the lichess4545 community
|Season 5||Season 6||Season 7||Season 8||Season 9|
- Lichess4545 Ledger #046 - December 11, 2017 **Current Issue**
@somethingpretentious gets crushed in his OTB return (fun annotated study of his 6 games). Also puzzles and stats.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #045 - November 27, 2017
Season 9 Survey. Several Updates. Extra chess puzzles!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #044 - October 30, 2017
End of Season announcements!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #043 - October 23, 2017
The Chess Series (round-robin) League is starting, an annotated game on board 1 from the previous round and more reflections on chess.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #042 - October 16, 2017
Vote on the interest survey for the Chess Series. Lonewolf #8 season stats and awards, and two annotated games that shame two 4545 mods.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #041 - October 9, 2017
A Possible New Chess League - the Chess Series.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #040 - October 2, 2017
A brief recount of a crazy week and the usual ledger stuff. A rook house and ELO.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #039 - September 25, 2017
News about changes with the lichess4545 site, and an interview with IM Andrew Tang aka penguingim1
- Lichess4545 Ledger #038 - September 18, 2017
The Morals of Chess
- Lichess4545 Ledger #037 - September 12, 2017
Humanity and chess with korchnoi and thinking really, really, *really* hard with a 5 year old. Enjoy!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #036 - September 6, 2017
Season 8 survey results. Goodbye to #ladder. Start of team competition. Combined LW stats for past few rounds. List of season 7 youtube reviews and news about the season 8 review. Finally a detailed analysis by @mn8.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #035 - August 7, 2017
Instructive analysis by @malamutt and some end of season 8 announcements. Also some blitz-battle stats from @dose7781
- Lichess4545 Ledger #034 - July 31, 2017
Analysis of a peculiar Benko by @kferapont. Stats from round 6 and 7. Survey Results from Lonewolf #7. Youtube content from @luvgangster , @s3pp , and CLTV. And the first of 6 videos by @atrophied for the Season 7 Youtuber Review.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #033 - July 18, 2017
A great opening study on the Queen's Gambit Exchange variation by @mrlegilimens. New youtubers and a LOT of video content from league members on league games. Plus stats from the entirety of Lonewolf #7 including a few special awards.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #032 - July 10, 2017
Aliquantus shares his experience at the 2017 Nordic Championship. Shout-outs to 3 players who finished 9 round OTB tourneys, streams, stats, and a smooth round in 4545 and wrapup of LW #7.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #031 - July 4, 2017
Learn the 2... d5 Alapin with @seb32 and catch up on league news, stats and streams.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #030 - June 27, 2017
Jam-packed with tons of chess video content and featuring an interview with the CLTV host @quirked
- Lichess4545 Ledger #029 - June 19, 2017
Norway Chess 2017 Pictures, ChessLeagueTV streams, @Atrophied's study group, and annotations from @archone, @kferapont, and @quirked.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #028 - June 12, 2017
Summary of Season 7 Survey Results for 4545 by Boviced. Lonewolf stats, new chesster feature to update availability, Android app, and announcements including Rules Updates.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #027 - May 23, 2017
A quick blurb on cheating and league improvement. Some great annotated games by @mrlegilimens. New Stats: "Longest think" and "Most time left" Finally food for thought by V. Smyslov on chess and art.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #026 - May 15, 2017
A cute poem. Plus important announcements. Info about Game Nominations, End of Season Awards/Stats, Season 8 and a server costs update. Plus check out the new lichess4545 History Page.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #025 - May 9, 2017
An Interview with @lovlas and some fun videos by Atrophied and TonyRo.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #024 - May 1, 2017
How to Prepare for An Opponent by Atrophied. Also information about server costs. A lamentable round in 4545. Stats return for both Lonewolf and 4545.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #023 - April 24, 2017
Move Orders in the Modern Benoni. Lonewolf is starting! The recorded VOD of the Silman Study session and a really hard chess puzzle!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #022 - April 19, 2017
A Visit to the 2017 Korchnoi Zürich Chess Challenge. Also Important Lonewolf announcements and feedback survey results and info about a study group.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #021 - April 10, 2017
@chessicstudent shares his experience as a chess club coach/organizer at his son's school. Also, what makes a good chess coach, according to TonyRo. Game nominations news and lots of 4545 related video content.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #020 - April 3, 2017
An Interview with NM @Unicornz. Many notable 4545 member contributions from ChessLeagueTV, @quirked and @chessicstudent.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #019 - March 29, 2017
Highlights include a wrap up Lonewolf #6 with stats and awards, new moderators, ChessLeagueTV news, the complete list of S6 4545 Youtube Reviews by IM Andras Toth, and a tremendously thorough survey writeup on Season 6 by @seb32.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #018 - February 28, 2017
End of season announcements including the opening of nominations for End of Season Youtube Review. Plus the coaches corner with a tip on calculation by @lovlas.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #017 - February 20, 2017
A lot of content this week highlighted by reviews of 4 chess books by @petruchio. Sign up for the season 7 mailing list, learn more about the rule change (rule about cheat detected games), get a list of the compiled ChessExplained Youtube Reviews for season 5, read the coaches corner by @chessicstudent, and more!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #016 - February 13, 2017
An Interview with 10 year-old Christopher Yoo, the youngest master in US history, and a PRO Chess League star player/commentator. His father joins in on the interview to share perspectives as a chess parent. The issue also includes a well annotated 45+45 game in the Nimzo-Larsen (1. b3) by @doberm4n.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #015 - February 6, 2017
@kjar shares an entire week of preparation for his round 4 clash against @felixNL. Also, more first time contributors to the ledger and a call to the members to weigh in on an addition to the rules of lichess4545.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #014 - January 30, 2017
An Interview with Thibault the founder of Lichess.org. Also a quick update on the various leagues and the standard weekly newsletter fare.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #013 - January 23, 2017
The alternate search page, the inagural blitz battle and more lichess4545 member content. Finally we have a special write-up by @FelixNL who recently visited the Tata Steel Chess Tournament.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #012 - January 16, 2017
A more in depth explanation of a few website and chesster features. An explanation of the alternate search system used this season. Notable community made videos. Stats for both Lonewolf and 45+45 and "A Case for the Four Knights Opening"
- Lichess4545 Ledger #011 - January 9, 2017
Season 5 wrap up. Includes the list of games chosen for the ChessExplained review, season 5 survey results, season 6 changes (handling alternates, chesster/site improvements, new season 6 moderator team) and learn about the many chess tournaments being run here at 4545.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #010 - November 28, 2016
The much anticipated results of @endrawes0 demographics survey. There's also information about a new league to join, see #ladder!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #009 - November 21, 2016
A book review by @petruchio. There is a quick recap of round 8 and season 5 and *important notes* to know about the end of the season.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #008 - November 14, 2016
Game analysis by @JPTriton. I Highlight a few more features of the 4545 website and some neat chess puzzles from the games of the past round.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #007 - November 7, 2016
Interview with GM Wesley So. Also learn about new lichess features, chess content from community members, and much more. Lastly, I also clarfiy what the *performance rating* calculation now seen on our website really means.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #006 - October 31, 2016
Check out a piece by @seb32, learn about a neat feature on the TV page and some great video content from 4545 members, and take the demographics survey!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #005 - October 24, 2016
An interview with @TonyRo. Also learn about the subscription service that @chesster provides, a group who has started streaming league games at ChessLeagueTV, an endgame lecture and much more!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #004 - October 17, 2016
@Darksquaregames Interview! Also learn about the stats page and uh some interesting messages on slack from the past week.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #003 - October 10, 2016
Check out @JPTriton's analysis of Ksops vs Anunzio a symmetrical English which transformed to a Sicilian-like position. There's also the unavailble/available chesster feature and some dubious moments of the week in this issue.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #002 - October 3, 2016
The highlight is an interview with @Atrophied. Also, see a comparison of ratings between season 4 and 5 and check out the videos from IM Astaneh's Game Review of Season 4.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #001 - September 26, 2016
An introduction to the ledger. See what games were chosen for IM Astaneh's review and see feedback results from season 4.