Lichess4545 Ledger Archive
Archives of the Lichess4545 Ledger
The periodic newsletter of the lichess4545 league
Edited by Lichess4545 moderators with contributions from the lichess4545 community
|Season 5||Season 6||Season 7||Season 8||Season 9|
|Season 10||Season 11||Season 12||Season 13|
|Season 14||Season 15||Season 16|
- Lichess4545 Ledger #092 - March 20, 2019 **Current Issue** Some events are in half of their way, some ended and some start soon. Interview, weekly stats and puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #091 - March 13, 2019 Upcoming events, weekly stats, puzzles and an interview.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #090 - March 6, 2019 Standings and overall stats of LoneWolf and 960, information about leagues, a study by @alms, weekly stats and puzzles
- Lichess4545 Ledger #089 - March 1, 2019 Team Leagues start, individual leagues end. Crazyhouse video and study and weekly stats.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #088 - February 12, 2018
Long time no see! Survey summary, analytics, video and well crafted study awaits you.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #087 - December 24, 2018
Updates from across the leagues, study by eriyu, Video review by IM Andras Toth, stats and puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #086 - November 29, 2018
LoneWolf and Blitz Battle results, detailed LoneWolf stats and puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #085 - November 21, 2018
Start of a new season, LoneWolf updates and a study by @mn8.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #084 - November 14, 2018
Season 14 comes to an end, results and updates from across the board, study by colwem, detailed stats and some puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #083 - November 8, 2018
Updates and announcements, two separate blitz battles, stats and puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #082 - October 31, 2018
Introducing the 45+45 Monthly Simul series, Blitz Battle #38 results, stats and puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #081 - October 24, 2018
New Season of Chess 960 and an upcoming anniversary tournament!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #080 - October 18, 2018
All the standard stuff and an exciting study by @quirked.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #079 - October 10, 2018
Chess960 Season 3 standings, final video reviews of Season 13, study by @delpire, and blog post by @okei.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #078 - October 3, 2018
Updates on Chess960, video reviews continue, stats and puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #077 - September 26, 2018
Video review by GM Niclas Huschenbeth, analysis of the alternate team by @toni4127, study by @hicetnunc, stats and puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #076 - September 20, 2018
Start of a new season, announcements, a great write-up by @ErinYu, LoneWolf stats and puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #075 - August 29, 2018
End of the League season, some updates, study by @moistvonlipwig and @glbert, and end of season stats.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #074 - August 22, 2018
Final round of the League, end of LoneWolf #11, detailed LoneWolf season stats and puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #073 - August 15, 2018
Final round of LoneWolf, Video review by mn8, stats and puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #072 - August 8, 2018
Few updates, stats and puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #071 - August 1, 2018
Updates on the leagues, Chess960 survey, Biel Chess festival pictures by @sgis, video review by @mn8 and lots of puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #070 - July 18, 2018
Standard vanilla ledger and a spicy interview with @hicetnunc.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #069 - July 11, 2018
Round 1 of the League, LoneWolf and Blitz Battle updates, Board 1 video review by mn8 and puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #068 - July 4, 2018
New Season begins, survey summary, some UI updates, video reviews by okei and an interview with cyanfish.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #067 - June 27, 2018
Light edition with a few updates, videos and puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #066 - June 20, 2018
End of Season 12 of the League, Individual board standings, end of season stats in exciting detail, a video by quirked and a study by erinyu.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #065 - June 13, 2018
Final Round of the League, Study by Erinyu, Puzzles from the League and LoneWolf.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #064 - June 6, 2018
Endings and starts of chess960, series and lonewolf, plus a study from the league of the 960 variant and a live commentary video of lichess4545 #12 Round 6.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #063 - May 30, 2018
Reminder and clarification about the rules concerning scheduling. Registration for the Series season 3. The last video review from Lichess4545 #11 and a live one of #12 Round 5.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #062 - May 23, 2018
Rapid Battle #2 begins, LoneWolf survey, Video Reviews by quirked, LoneWolf end of season stats and puzzles from the previous League round.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #061 - May 16, 2018
Updates on the leagues, LoneWolf results, Chess Study of an annotated game by maxivgc and some puzzles.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #060 - May 9, 2018
Updates on the League and Final Lonewolf round, Game video by quirked, Chess Study of an annotated game and lots of puzzles from Round 2 of 4545 League.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #059 - May 2, 2018
Updates on Lonewolf and Rapid-Battle, Video Review by quirked, and a plethora of puzzles to rack your brains from Round 1 of 4545 League.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #058 - Apil 25, 2018
Special edition with news across the (Li)chess world, interviews, puzzles, video content, studies, a #chess960 announcement, and more. If this is your first season with us, this one was made especially for you!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #057 - Apil 17, 2018
Preseason edition with the survey results!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #056 - Apil 11, 2018
A little taste of the survey results, season stats and a new end of season championship tournament!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #055 - Apil 03, 2018
Final round for Lichess4545 league, #rapid-battle is rolling and a fine study by @Erinyu.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #054 - March 27, 2018
The new format #rapid-battle is ready and registrations are opened!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #053 - March 19, 2018
Another quiet edition of the Ledger with stats and a puzzle.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #052 - March 13, 2018
Late and minimalist edition this week, but with some energetic study from @erinyu!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #051 - March 6, 2018
A new format is born, first week of lonewolf #10 and series #2 a lot of videos, a 45+45 study...
- Lichess4545 Ledger #050 - February 26, 2018
The video reviews, a 90+30 study, a double dose of puzzle and some analytics of team4545 players.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #049 - February 20, 2018
The start of team4545, live commentary, statistics and a game study.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #048 - January 30, 2018
The end of lonewolf and chess series seasons, statistics and a game study.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #047 - January 22, 2018
The Ledger returns - Season 10 team league survey, chess-series updates, community content, puzzles and more.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #046 - December 11, 2017
@somethingpretentious gets crushed in his OTB return (fun annotated study of his 6 games). Also puzzles and stats.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #045 - November 27, 2017
Season 9 Survey. Several Updates. Extra chess puzzles!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #044 - October 30, 2017
End of Season announcements!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #043 - October 23, 2017
The Chess Series (round-robin) League is starting, an annotated game on board 1 from the previous round and more reflections on chess.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #042 - October 16, 2017
Vote on the interest survey for the Chess Series. Lonewolf #8 season stats and awards, and two annotated games that shame two 4545 mods.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #041 - October 9, 2017
A Possible New Chess League - the Chess Series.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #040 - October 2, 2017
A brief recount of a crazy week and the usual ledger stuff. A rook house and ELO.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #039 - September 25, 2017
News about changes with the lichess4545 site, and an interview with IM Andrew Tang aka penguingim1
- Lichess4545 Ledger #038 - September 18, 2017
The Morals of Chess
- Lichess4545 Ledger #037 - September 12, 2017
Humanity and chess with korchnoi and thinking really, really, *really* hard with a 5 year old. Enjoy!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #036 - September 6, 2017
Season 8 survey results. Goodbye to #ladder. Start of team competition. Combined LW stats for past few rounds. List of season 7 youtube reviews and news about the season 8 review. Finally a detailed analysis by @mn8.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #035 - August 7, 2017
Instructive analysis by @malamutt and some end of season 8 announcements. Also some blitz-battle stats from @dose7781
- Lichess4545 Ledger #034 - July 31, 2017
Analysis of a peculiar Benko by @kferapont. Stats from round 6 and 7. Survey Results from Lonewolf #7. Youtube content from @luvgangster , @s3pp , and CLTV. And the first of 6 videos by @atrophied for the Season 7 Youtuber Review.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #033 - July 18, 2017
A great opening study on the Queen's Gambit Exchange variation by @mrlegilimens. New youtubers and a LOT of video content from league members on league games. Plus stats from the entirety of Lonewolf #7 including a few special awards.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #032 - July 10, 2017
Aliquantus shares his experience at the 2017 Nordic Championship. Shout-outs to 3 players who finished 9 round OTB tourneys, streams, stats, and a smooth round in 4545 and wrapup of LW #7.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #031 - July 4, 2017
Learn the 2... d5 Alapin with @seb32 and catch up on league news, stats and streams.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #030 - June 27, 2017
Jam-packed with tons of chess video content and featuring an interview with the CLTV host @quirked
- Lichess4545 Ledger #029 - June 19, 2017
Norway Chess 2017 Pictures, ChessLeagueTV streams, @Atrophied's study group, and annotations from @archone, @kferapont, and @quirked.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #028 - June 12, 2017
Summary of Season 7 Survey Results for 4545 by Boviced. Lonewolf stats, new chesster feature to update availability, Android app, and announcements including Rules Updates.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #027 - May 23, 2017
A quick blurb on cheating and league improvement. Some great annotated games by @mrlegilimens. New Stats: "Longest think" and "Most time left" Finally food for thought by V. Smyslov on chess and art.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #026 - May 15, 2017
A cute poem. Plus important announcements. Info about Game Nominations, End of Season Awards/Stats, Season 8 and a server costs update. Plus check out the new lichess4545 History Page.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #025 - May 9, 2017
An Interview with @lovlas and some fun videos by Atrophied and TonyRo.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #024 - May 1, 2017
How to Prepare for An Opponent by Atrophied. Also information about server costs. A lamentable round in 4545. Stats return for both Lonewolf and 4545.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #023 - April 24, 2017
Move Orders in the Modern Benoni. Lonewolf is starting! The recorded VOD of the Silman Study session and a really hard chess puzzle!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #022 - April 19, 2017
A Visit to the 2017 Korchnoi Zürich Chess Challenge. Also Important Lonewolf announcements and feedback survey results and info about a study group.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #021 - April 10, 2017
@chessicstudent shares his experience as a chess club coach/organizer at his son's school. Also, what makes a good chess coach, according to TonyRo. Game nominations news and lots of 4545 related video content.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #020 - April 3, 2017
An Interview with NM @Unicornz. Many notable 4545 member contributions from ChessLeagueTV, @quirked and @chessicstudent.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #019 - March 29, 2017
Highlights include a wrap up Lonewolf #6 with stats and awards, new moderators, ChessLeagueTV news, the complete list of S6 4545 Youtube Reviews by IM Andras Toth, and a tremendously thorough survey writeup on Season 6 by @seb32.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #018 - February 28, 2017
End of season announcements including the opening of nominations for End of Season Youtube Review. Plus the coaches corner with a tip on calculation by @lovlas.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #017 - February 20, 2017
A lot of content this week highlighted by reviews of 4 chess books by @petruchio. Sign up for the season 7 mailing list, learn more about the rule change (rule about cheat detected games), get a list of the compiled ChessExplained Youtube Reviews for season 5, read the coaches corner by @chessicstudent, and more!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #016 - February 13, 2017
An Interview with 10 year-old Christopher Yoo, the youngest master in US history, and a PRO Chess League star player/commentator. His father joins in on the interview to share perspectives as a chess parent. The issue also includes a well annotated 45+45 game in the Nimzo-Larsen (1. b3) by @doberm4n.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #015 - February 6, 2017
@kjar shares an entire week of preparation for his round 4 clash against @felixNL. Also, more first time contributors to the ledger and a call to the members to weigh in on an addition to the rules of lichess4545.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #014 - January 30, 2017
An Interview with Thibault the founder of Lichess.org. Also a quick update on the various leagues and the standard weekly newsletter fare.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #013 - January 23, 2017
The alternate search page, the inagural blitz battle and more lichess4545 member content. Finally we have a special write-up by @FelixNL who recently visited the Tata Steel Chess Tournament.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #012 - January 16, 2017
A more in depth explanation of a few website and chesster features. An explanation of the alternate search system used this season. Notable community made videos. Stats for both Lonewolf and 45+45 and "A Case for the Four Knights Opening"
- Lichess4545 Ledger #011 - January 9, 2017
Season 5 wrap up. Includes the list of games chosen for the ChessExplained review, season 5 survey results, season 6 changes (handling alternates, chesster/site improvements, new season 6 moderator team) and learn about the many chess tournaments being run here at 4545.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #010 - November 28, 2016
The much anticipated results of @endrawes0 demographics survey. There's also information about a new league to join, see #ladder!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #009 - November 21, 2016
A book review by @petruchio. There is a quick recap of round 8 and season 5 and *important notes* to know about the end of the season.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #008 - November 14, 2016
Game analysis by @JPTriton. I Highlight a few more features of the 4545 website and some neat chess puzzles from the games of the past round.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #007 - November 7, 2016
Interview with GM Wesley So. Also learn about new lichess features, chess content from community members, and much more. Lastly, I also clarfiy what the *performance rating* calculation now seen on our website really means.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #006 - October 31, 2016
Check out a piece by @seb32, learn about a neat feature on the TV page and some great video content from 4545 members, and take the demographics survey!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #005 - October 24, 2016
An interview with @TonyRo. Also learn about the subscription service that @chesster provides, a group who has started streaming league games at ChessLeagueTV, an endgame lecture and much more!
- Lichess4545 Ledger #004 - October 17, 2016
@Darksquaregames Interview! Also learn about the stats page and uh some interesting messages on slack from the past week.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #003 - October 10, 2016
Check out @JPTriton's analysis of Ksops vs Anunzio a symmetrical English which transformed to a Sicilian-like position. There's also the unavailble/available chesster feature and some dubious moments of the week in this issue.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #002 - October 3, 2016
The highlight is an interview with @Atrophied. Also, see a comparison of ratings between season 4 and 5 and check out the videos from IM Astaneh's Game Review of Season 4.
- Lichess4545 Ledger #001 - September 26, 2016
An introduction to the ledger. See what games were chosen for IM Astaneh's review and see feedback results from season 4.