Lichess4545 Ledger 046
Issue #046 - December 11, 2017
State of the League
Hi again from the ledger. Two more weeks and 2 more rounds have been played in the leagues at lichess4545. In the team league We're OK with any name, actually is currently in the sole lead after 3 rounds. So far, the teams are doing a great job avoiding yellow cards and forfeits. Keep it up!
Reminder: There WILL be a break in the team league the week of December 25-31.
Quick updates on the other leagues
- Lonewolf LoneWolf #9 is onto round 5!
- #Blitz-battle: Congrats to @sonata2 for winning blitz battle #22.
- #Chess-Series: (link goes to their spreadsheet which has updated info) Please head over to the slack channel #chess-series to learn more!
Notable Lichess4545 community member video/contributions:
Nothing these past weeks unfortunately :(
ChessLeagueTV Please visit the CLTV Youtube page for VODs of the recent streams.
Thanks to @somethingpretentious for his work to automate the process of coming up with these stats. It is much appreciated!
Stats for Round 2 & 3 of Team (45+45):
- The fastest mate was white on move 18 found in Gamelink White: rhohit, Black: percevalxxxx.
- The fastest draw was white on move 21 found in Gamelink White: gm1224, Black: kraaft.
- The fastest resign was white on move 11 found in Gamelink White: supermaths, Black: keresch.
- The biggest upset was 226 points in Gamelink White: bornacavrag, Black: ghostult.
- The longest game ended with white on move 117 Gamelink White: mariuseg, Black: camelclutcher.
- 128 was the highest ACPL in Gamelink White: glbert, Black: rottenpawn.
- 4 was the lowest ACPL in Gamelink White: erinyu, Black: lovlas.
- Combined maximum ACPL was 218 in Gamelink White: glbert, Black: rottenpawn
- Combined minimum ACPL was 8 in Gamelink White: erinyu, Black: lovlas.
- The longest think was 24 minutes 47.0 seconds by black on move 10 in Gamelink White: krispl, Black: gcedw2001
- The most time left was 72 minutes 27.0 seconds in Gamelink White: handknit, Black: nimzovit
- The most time spent was 123 minutes 23.0 seconds in Gamelink White: mariuseg, Black: camelclutcher
Stats for Round 3 & 4 of Lonewolf:
- The fastest mate was white on move 17 found in Gamelink White: gauravsinghmd, Black: sonata2, Gamelink White: kamekura, Black: boomer34.
- The fastest draw was white on move 26 found in Gamelink White: heinie, Black: asinya.
- The fastest resign was black on move 12 found in Gamelink White: jade11, Black: turristuricum.
- The biggest upset was 388 points in Gamelink White: dorjanel, Black: currythecowardlycrab.
- The longest game ended with white on move 82 Gamelink White: cacoph, Black: eikamikiku, Gamelink White: riccati, Black: zbakov.
- 130 was the highest ACPL in Gamelink White: doctodoom, Black: vevochi.
- 5 was the lowest ACPL in Gamelink White: gyrating_kairos, Black: drosophila.
- Combined maximum ACPL was 211 in Gamelink White: doctodoom, Black: vevochi
- Combined minimum ACPL was 12 in Gamelink White: little_dead_bertha, Black: arthi15.
- The longest think was 15 minutes 42.0 seconds by black on move 12 in Gamelink White: lemonworld, Black: yago666
- The most time left was 43 minutes 57.0 seconds in Gamelink White: amoryracingking, Black: goblin_alchemist
- The most time spent was 63 minutes 9.0 seconds in Gamelink White: iamjadetulip, Black: nimzovit
Finally as always feel free to join #lichessledger on Slack if you want to help or contribute in any way to this newsletter.
Chess For You
somethingpretentious gets crushed OTB
This weekend I played in my first OTB tournament in roughly 17 years - the London Chess Classic Rapid Open. I've probably played fewer than 20 games OTB in the intervening years despite playing regularly online for the last 4!
It was tough to get used to the differences, which is clearly shown by my unimpressive 0.5 points from 6 games. I think it was a great experience though, playing OTB is a very different world. Even though I'd been warned, I wasn't expecting how fast the time went and 15+10 felt like 3+2...
(Study includes games from all 6 rounds)
From a round 3 game on board 5 in 4545: @glbert vs @RottenPawn White to move
For the answer see gamelink
From a round 3 game on board 2 in 4545: @Archone vs @fisher56 Black to move
For the answer see gamelink
Lichess4545 Ledger #046 ©2017 by Thienan Nguyen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Thanks to @somethinpretentious @ErinYu and @lovlas