Lichess4545 Ledger 040
Issue #040 - October 2, 2017
State of the League
We have official passed the halfway point of the season! With 4 rounds complete, The Questionmarks are currently the sole leader as the only team with a perfect match record.
This past week also saw quite a few unusual occurances. There were 4 forfeits in one match all by Peter's Swindlers. There was a first red card handed out for the season, several players (mostly board 1) were removed from the league, and 2 games had to be resumed because someone erroneously "claimed victory." Let's calm down with all the insanity please. Play fair, read the rules, and please contact moderators about any issues.
The registration for Season 9 of 4545 is now closed. This means that an email list has been created to notify folks about registration for Season 10. You can register for the Season 10 mailing list here.
Quick updates on the other leagues
- Lonewolf #8 is onto Round 10! Who will set themselves up in the best position going into the last round! The standings at the top are very close!
- #Blitz-battle: #20 took place this past Saturday at 13:00 UTC. Congrats to @ChessBuzz17 who won with a 7.5/8 score! Full standings.
Notable Lichess4545 community member video/contributions:
ChessLeagueTV Please visit the CLTV Youtube page for VODs of the recent streams.
From the past week, highlights were:
- Live stream of @quirked's 4545 game against @gnarlygoat
Thanks to @somethingpretentious for his work to automate the process of coming up with these stats. It is much appreciated!
Stats for Round 4 of Team (45+45):
- Biggest upset: 293 point difference slavy 1207 against john465 1500 Gamelink
- Lowest ACPL game: 6 ACPL JoeyMellberg against Vevochi Gamelink
- Lowest combined ACPL game: 20 combined ACPL MoistvonLipwig vs ErinYu Gamelink
- Highest ACPL game: 142 ACPL david-innes in loss to aljopeljhan Gamelink
- Highest combined ACPL game: 261 combined ACPL david-innes vs aljopeljhan Gamelink
- Longest game: Reached move 78 Staincastle vs Dmathman Gamelink
- Quickest mate: Mate on move 21 by WarGoblin against nadgob Gamelink
- Fastest draw: Ends on move 23 MoistvonLipwig vs ErinYu Gamelink
- Fastest resign: Resignation on move 15 by krispl against Kjar Gamelink
- Longest think: 30 minutes 23.0 seconds on move 18 by InfernalJumble against Hackov Gamelink
- Most time left: 57 minutes 35.0 seconds Rescinded against tothecloid Gamelink
- Most time spent: 95 minutes 27.0 seconds Staincastle against Dmathman Gamelink
Stats for Round 9 of Lonewolf:
- Biggest upset: 552 point difference Linsolv 1152 against Zher0 1704 Gamelink
- Lowest ACPL game: 7 ACPL Fabinou against SheepNL Gamelink
- Lowest combined ACPL game: 21 combined ACPL Fabinou vs SheepNL Gamelink
- Highest ACPL game: 111 ACPL Zher0 in loss to Linsolv Gamelink
- Highest combined ACPL game: 198 combined ACPL Zher0 vs Linsolv Gamelink
- Longest game: Reached move 75 roso97 vs gyrating_kairos Gamelink
- Quickest mate: Mate on move 16 by pgabrail against slavy Gamelink
- Fastest draw: Ends on move 27 god666 vs Sazed Gamelink
- Fastest resign: Resignation on move 13 by Servasky against Scarff Gamelink
- Longest think: 10 minutes 40.0 seconds on move 14 by thechozen0ne against SpiteKnight Gamelink
- Most time left: 38 minutes 56.0 seconds ed84 against flaxl Gamelink
- Most time spent: 61 minutes 41.0 seconds gyrating_kairos against roso97 Gamelink
Finally as always feel free to join #lichessledger on Slack if you want to help or contribute in any way to this newsletter.
Chess For You
"The process of rating players can be compared to the measurement of the position of a cork bobbing up and down on the surface of agitated water with a yard stick tied to a rope and which is swaying in the wind."
- Arpad Elo
I got strong ideas about my house. I’m going to hire the best architect and have him build it in the shape of a rook. Yeah, that’s for me. Class. Spiral staircases, parapets, everything. I want to live the rest of my life in a house built exactly like a rook.
- Bobby Fischer
From a round 4 game on board 4 in 4545: @dimitris22 vs @ed84. Black just played f6. White to move.
For the answer see gamelink.
Lichess4545 Ledger #040 ©2017 by Thienan Nguyen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Thanks to @somethinpretentious.