Lichess4545 Ledger 034
Issue #034 - July 18, 2017
State of the League
Same old news with regards to the standings. "Overworked and Underpromoted" are still undefeated! They still have an 4 match point lead with only 1 rounds to go meaning they have clinched the top spot for season 8! Congratulations!! Good luck to everyone else in the last round.
As the season ends it might be interesting to see who is leading for the board prizes. This can be viewed here. The link shows board 1 but you can click on the dropdown menu to see the leaders on the other other 5 boards.
For those interested in joining for Season 9 of Lichess45|45 and want an email reminder about registration you can join the mailing list here.
The mods have opened up nominations for the best games of season 8. We are still unsure if there will be a youtube review, but please nominate great games nonetheless (if no youtube review we might do something else!). Be sure to submit your nominations by sending @chesster a Direct Message with,
nomination 45 to get a link where you can enter your nominations.
See below for the first of 6 videos by @Atrophied for season 7. The full list will be compiled and published after the videos are released
Quick updates on the other leagues
- Lonewolf #8 is starting today!! Registration will remain open at https://www.lichess4545.com/lonewolf/register/
The results of the season 7 survey are below
- Competition is still going strong in #ladder! For new members check out #ladder on slack.
- #Blitz-battle: No blitz-battle was played this past week.
Notable Lichess4545 community member video/contributions:
Atrophied has released the first of 6 reviews from season 7. The board 6 game @kristian17 vs @piotor (Italian Game)
ChessLeagueTV. Please visit the CLTV Youtube page for VODs of the recent streams. Highlights since the last ledger include coverage of @yago666 vs @morallygray and @Dmathman vs @wetdogsmell. Also an opening stream about the Qa5 Winawer French. (Videos weren't able to be embedded at the time of publication)
@LuvGangster provides grandmaster analysis of his Round 7 game in the Colorado Gambit vs @lakinwecker
@S3pp puts out another analysis video on his round 6 game @s3pp vs @fisher56 Reti: New York System.
Thanks to @somethingpretentious for his work to automate the process of coming up with these stats. It is much appreciated!
Stats for Round 6 of Team (45+45):
- Biggest upset: 261 point difference NoKlu 1324 against Napoleon_Solo 1585 Gamelink
- Lowest ACPL game: 4 ACPL TonyRo against GorathGER Gamelink
- Lowest combined ACPL game: 10 combined ACPL GorathGER vs TonyRo Gamelink
- Highest ACPL game: 141 ACPL jamboger in loss to oddskill Gamelink
- Highest combined ACPL game: 243 combined ACPL oddskill vs jamboger Gamelink
- Longest game: Reached move 92 Lichie vs hicetnunc Gamelink
- Quickest mate: Mate on move 20 by elusiveness against joecupojoe Gamelink
- Fastest draw: Ends on move 20 riemannn vs VVvenomVV Gamelink
- Fastest resign: Resignation on move 15 by mikka1 against Lukhas Gamelink
- Longest think: 26 minutes 30.0 seconds on move 18 by forhavu against Toffeeman Gamelink
- Most time left: 63 minutes 57.0 seconds Dmathman against wetdogsmell Gamelink
- Most time spent: 111 minutes 22.0 seconds Lichie against hicetnunc Gamelink
Stats for Round 7 of Team (45+45):
- Biggest upset: 239 point difference spuntachessTs 1326 against Lord_Karamat 1565 Gamelink
- Lowest ACPL game: TIE 7 ACPL
- Lowest combined ACPL game: TIE 10 combined ACPL
- Highest ACPL game: 109 ACPL oddskill in loss to Napoleon_Solo Gamelink
- Highest combined ACPL game: 194 combined ACPL oddskill vs Napoleon_Solo Gamelink
- Longest game: Reached move 108 mn8 vs mariuseg Gamelink
- Quickest mate: Mate on move 25 by fisher56 against TheRatRiverTrapper Gamelink
- Fastest draw: Ends on move 27 SMC vs god666 Gamelink
- Fastest resign: Resignation on move 12 by archone against ubernoobek Gamelink
- Longest think: 19 minutes 50.0 seconds on move 23 by TMaus against dorhinj1 Gamelink
- Most time left: 57 minutes 38.0 seconds CaptNCarter against superswaggin Gamelink
- Most time spent: 121 minutes 14.0 seconds mariuseg against mn8 Gamelink
Finally as always feel free to join #lichessledger on Slack if you want to help or contribute in any way to this newsletter.
Chess For You
A Peculiar Benko
The study was also published on @keferapont's blog here. Be sure to check out his blog for more chess content.
From a round 7 game on board 1 4545: @mn8 vs @mariuseg. Black just played f4. White to move. A good endgame exercise. Only 1 move saves the draw for white.
For the answer see gamelink.
Lichess4545 Ledger #034 ©2017 by Thienan Nguyen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Thanks to @somethinpretentious, @keferapont, @S3pp, @LuvGangster and @Atrophied for contributions this week.